We have 7 (easy) insider tips on how to set up your profile
We get it—setting up your profile can be an intimidating task. But here’s the thing: you’re probably overthinking it. Actually, you’re definitely overthinking it. Don’t get us wrong, though; being thoughtful is a good thing, and shows that you care. So for all you thoughtful folks out there, we have 7 tips that we shared with the App Store that make getting started on your profile a whole lot less intimidating, and a whole lot more—dare we say—fun.
- Upload a variety of photos. Varying up your photos helps people see more of who you are and what you like to do. Start with a solo shot, then add in photos from trips or pics where you’re enjoying a hobby like cooking or even stamp collecting—trust us, someone out there is into it too.
- Caption your photos. Adding a caption to your photo gives potential matches a little more context—not to mention a possible conversation starter: “You like to ferment kimchi, too? So cool!” Plus, captioning your photos ensures you’ll show up in Discovery, so you can connect with people who are interested in the same things you are. Discovery helps you get noticed for the things you really care about.
- Spell check. Someone would really judge you for little typo? Yes. Over 75% of people say they’re less likely to respond to someone who has spelling mistakes in their profile. No harm in a quick proofread.
- Update often. Here’s some insider info—when you update your profile, we show you to more people. It’s our little reward for your taking the time to show off who you are right now. And the benefits don’t stop there: when you update your profile on a regular basis, you’re making sure people aren’t interested in connecting with the you of 2016.
- Show support. Today more than ever, people want to date people who care about the same things they do. So if you volunteer for a local organization or support a non-profit, say something in your profile! At Amapenzi, we make it even easier to connect over certain causes; right now, we’re supporting Planned Parenthood (and Planned Parenthood supporters) with the #IStandWithPP profile badge for all users who support the non-profit. Stay tuned for the next organization to be featured!
- Add new pics. This one’s easy: adding new pics increases your likes by at least two times. And while you’re at it, you might as well connect your Instagram account. Folks who connect Instagram to their profile get more messages than those who don’t.
- Upload pics taken in the late afternoon. This one’s a bit of a mystery, but data shows that it works. Users with photos taken in the late afternoon get more likes.